Account integration using OAuth
To begin, you will need:
STEP 1: Register an account, click on [Start building].
STEP 2: Click on [Request Instance].
STEP 3: Login with the given username and password.
STEP 4: Navigate to System OAuth > Application Registry.
STEP 5: Click [New] button > Create an OAuth API endpoint for external clients.
STEP 6: Complete the following fields:
- Name: Enter a descriptive name for the new endpoint.
- Client ID: Auto populated field, you will need this ID to configure your iMBRACE credentials.
- Client Secret: Enter your desired secret or leave blank to auto generate a random string. You will need this to configure your credentials.
- Redirect URL: In iMBRACE, copy the OAuth Callback URL.
- Paste it in ServiceNow.
STEP 7: Click [Submit] to save and create your new endpoint.
STEP 8: In iMBrace, enter a descriptive Credentials Name.
STEP 9: Under Credential Data complete the following fields:
- Client ID: Enter the client ID generated above.
- Client Secret: Enter your client secret created above.
- Subdomain: Enter the subdomain of your ServiceNow instance. This can be seen in your instance URL: https://<subdomain>.service-now.com/.
STEP 10: From the OAuth section, click the [Connect button] to establish the connection and finalize your iMBRACE credentials.
DONE: The credential can then be used for ServiceNow nodes.